The most unique Student Accommodation in Stellenbosch…by Maties, for Maties!
This development follows the best environmentally sustainable architecture and design practices, providing student residential units featuring numerous unique selling points, located in the heart of Stellenbosch’s Unversiteitsoord adjacent to the recreational De Weides Park.
StudiosOnPark comprises of 92 apartments in three individualistic buildings, ranging from the historical DF Malan Huis to the ultra-modern and contemporary design of STUDIOVIJF, aimed at providing an environment conducive for studying in a fun place with focus on providing four key concepts:
- A secure and safe complex set in landscaped gardens, in close proximity to Campus;
- A quiet work environment with dedicated study spaces;
- Comfortable living areas with a great shower and bedroom experience;
- Well thought through and cost effective designs and avant garde technology.
Whilst the modular steel structure development methodology has been used in other parts of the world, such as Europe, North America and the Far East for many years, we are proud to have been the first in South Africa to utilize this construction method and successfully complete this development in a record 5 months construction period!
In order to preserve the wonderful trees we have “inherited”, the developer opted to construct a basement in favour of ground floor parking, which came at significant costs to the developer, as well as time delays due to the inclement weather experienced during the bulk earthworks and basement construction.
62 state of the art designed modular apartments which can boast the following features:
- Green design technology based on “zero” rated building principles with superior acoustic and temperature insulation, both summer and winter;
- Imported windows and door with tilt and opening features to external areas / balcony, including double glazing;
- Imported instantaneous water heaters to ensure own consumption control, saving over 50% of conventional HWC heating;
- Ample storage and cupboard space;
- Individual distribution board per unit with own pre-paid meter system;
- Access to central DSTV connection point;
- Wireless free internet access;
- In-room safety and security features such as smoke detection, vertical and horizontal flame path protection; panic alarm linked to security control room, intercom systems to security control room and entrance gates, tag controlled gate access, sprinkler protected basement, battery supported emergency lights;
- High-class finishes, sanitary ware and brass ware.
- An entertainment/Braai area;
- Direct and secure access to the adjacent recreational De Weides park;
- Relaxing and lounge areas;
- Dining and kitchen facilities;
- Laundry facilities;
- 24 hour security and access control;
- Central bicycle storage;
- General cleaning services and garden maintenance;
- Access controlled under-cover parking;
- Beautifully landscaped complex with own bore hole water supply for sprinkler system;
- Various options to have units fully furnished and ready to move in.
As already mentioned in the above introduction, this house has significant historical value and we are proud to have played a part in its restoration, retaining all of the significant external architectural features and therefore preserving some of the rich heritage of Stellenbosch.
This two story walk up was conceived with its famous neighbour’s architecture borne in mind. The developer opted to reduce its bulk, in lieu of increased profitability, by restricting the height of the building, in order to prevent the obvious negative visual impact on STUDIOZEVEN and the complex as a whole.